Saturday, March 10, 2012

Letting go to write...

Writing the second part of Dubious Grief - Left Behind - has required me to reorganize the structure for this part of the book. At first my fear of reliving the emotions of being left behind left me unable to write. So I reread the journal sections from March 2009 through August 2010. I did this reluctantly because I knew I'd re-experience those emotions of loss. I persisted. An important insight emerged. The turning point in my ability to move forward, to begin creating a life worth living without Glen, came with my ability to simply "let go." Letting go didn't mean I would forget Glen. It meant I let go of living in the past - living in the memories of my life with Glen. My goal now is to identify those times when I moved out of the past and into a future. Now I write scenes leading to these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment