Sunday, October 7, 2012

1,000 word short story challenge

Whether I can write a 1,000 word short story using one of the following titles: "Immodest Witches" "Hobgoblins" "Black Cat Talks Back" or "I Hate this Costume" - remains to be seen. The idea was presented in my short story class by instructor Nina Hoffman. I have never written a story based on anything other than my own imagination. I am a "seat of the pants" writer and rarely know where a story will take me. So my challenge for October is to write one of these short stories. None of the titles calls to me so it is difficult to choose one. My strategy is to work with word association clusters and see where this strategy leads me. I've also done a bit of research on Hobgoblins - since I was not familiar with these little guys from Scottish folklore. Wish me luck as I pursue this writing challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment