Thursday, May 16, 2013

I'm Back!

Let's just say I took a short hiatus from blogging to READ - WRITE - REWRITE but mostly to THINK about my Dubious Grief story. I struggled through the memoir writing class for the third time and was at my wits end trying to find my voice and my story. I pondered the essential question: what is this book about? throughout February - March - April. And then one day in early May a voice somewhere inside my skull screamed "GRIEF you idiot!" Even the title - Dubious Grief - shouted the story; how could I have missed it all this time? Immediately I embarked on devising a new story structure based exclusively on my grieving. Where had my grief begun? What had awakened my grief? Changing the focus from what happened to Glen, his struggle and my reaction to it, I now focus on what was happening with me during that time. This book is about my journey with grief and hence the working title became: Dubious Grief: A Journey because grief is not an event, it's a journey. Yesterday I drafted sixteen pages about my two-day getaway in July 2008 and how taking care of myself landed me on my path of awakening grief. That is when and where my story began.

No comments:

Post a Comment