Monday, September 30, 2013

50 years later...

Now that my research about events in the 1960-70's is nearly complete I've started writing short pieces about these times from the POV of my protagonist. This is the fun, exciting part - remembering these events and placing my fictional character in the middle of things. The scenes include snippets from the counter culture (music, concerts, books), the antiwar protests against the US involvement in Vietnam (student riots, demonstrations, speak-outs), the civil rights movement (bus riders, voter registration, marches), women's health (abortion rights, MS magazine), and the environment (anti-nuclear power, Earth Day). These were empowering times/events. Fifty years later it is time to tell these stories. So I write, write, write...

No comments:

Post a Comment