Sunday, December 8, 2013

Let it snow!

Holiday time from Thanksgiving through the end of the year is typically a time when my attention shifts away from writing and onto daily life. I spent Thanksgiving week visiting my son and his family in CA. When I returned I began my frantic holiday beading - necklaces for the women in my family. It's a tradition I keep up year to year. Not so different this year until the end of last week brought snow to Eugene OR. This is a city where everything stops when snow falls. We are totally unprepared for it. Since the storm hit on Thursday night the temperatures have not gotten above freezing so the snow remains on the roadways, packed down and slippery. This year in particular we are stopped in our tracks - last night the temperature fell to a record shattering minus 9 degrees. Just keeping the pipes from freezing and staying warm is a challenge. No holiday shopping here. Instead several days to write, write, write. This may be my most productive writing time during the holidays ever!

New post on Dubious Grief page.

No comments:

Post a Comment