Sunday, January 15, 2012

Writing Scenes...

Started my memoir writing class this past week. Two important things happened. First I realized (I know this should have been obvious, but alas it wasn't) that the POV character, is ME - this is my grieving journey. Second important realization was the importance of writing scenes. Scenes are the story. Scenes involve the reader in the story, drawing them in, helping them understand what my grief felt and looked like, and what grief did to MY life. I wrote a difficult scene this week - the scene in the doctor's office when I first heard the words "LUNG CANCER" that would forever change me, my life, and my whole world. I now move forward writing scenes, glimpses of my life, filled with confidence that what I write will connect with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment